Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Trifecta Ultimate Weekend

April 27-29th, 2012

Thrasher Horne Center for the Arts Gallery
#1 Art
As many of you who follow my art know, this Friday April 27th from 7-8:30pm is the opening of my Noah's Ark Series solo exhibition at the Thrasher Horne Center for the Arts in Orange Park, FL. This show has been in the works for a year now. I have been blogging and FB-ing the progress of these 50 pieces of collaged animal twosies since last June. I can't wait to see all 50 pieces hanging in the gallery (above) especially since I have been boxing them up and storing them as they were created.


Yours Truly exiting a "safe zone" fresh water swim 
#2 Athleticism
In addition to being an artist, I am also a triathlete. This Sunday April 29th at 7:56am I am challenging myself to push beyond my comfort zone and compete in St. Anthony's Olympic distance triathlon with an open ocean swim. If you missed my post on Facing Your Fears (of sharks) in art and athleticism, check it out here.


#20 in Cynthia's online gallery, my dress for the opening
#3 Fashion
Fiber artist and designer Cynthia LaMaide creates garments in a multitude of ways by weaving, knitting, felting and hand painting each silhouette. Her whimsical, colorful  designs are made by hand art to wear. Last year I purchased a dress from her collection for a cruise and received never-ending compliments on this beautiful hand-made wearable art. Since my Noah's Ark Series is the largest solo exhibition I have created to date, it was an easy decision as to what I would wear to the opening. This week Cynthia will be shipping me #20 (above) from her new collection. I just love the hand painted green silk for spring! I can't wait to pick my shoes and jewelry...

Thank you for sharing my progress for the last year on this Noah's Ark Series as well as my many other artistic hopes and dreams. I can only aspire to be able to motivate others to reach higher and wider for their personal goals, and never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)