Friday, January 28, 2011

Monica Paints Milla


© 2011 Monica Dahl, sketchbook project and detail, watercolor


Yesterday I received an amazingly heart felt email from Monica Dahl who told me that she had come across Cherie's story via Kimberly Santini's blog when she did the painting of Milla, Cherie's cat. Monica wanted to do the same.

This is a watercolor study that Monica included in her sketchbook project. This little book and the portrait of Cherie's beloved cat Milla, will tour the country and be on display in five cities. Check out the project here: www.arthousecoop.com

Monica asked me to forward these images to Cherie, which I did through her sister Sue. I also wanted to share it with you. The kindness of strangers never ceases to amaze me. Whether it's Kim Santini mailing me palette papers I can use in my collage work, or Aurore Brunet sending me hand-painted papers, or all of you who have sent Cherie cards, notes, donations, and purchased or submitted artwork to Cherie's art book "Art With Heart" (click here to learn more about how to buy the book or donate).

Thanks Monica for sharing this with me, and with Cherie. Since Cherie just arrived home from Spinal Cord Rehab YESTERDAY, these images could not be more timely!

If you are interested in learning more about Monica's artwork, you can email her:
greyhound8@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)