Friday, December 24, 2010

Landfill Hubcap Art - A Project for 2011



Ken Marquis of Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania has created a widely popular eco-friendly art project that has captivated the world, Landfill Art Project. He has convinced artists to turn hubcaps into canvases and do what they want with them! He's sending out hubcaps every day to artists in this country and around the world. Today I received my hubcap.

Thanks to my friend and fellow artist Robin Maria Pedrero for encouraging me to take part in this project. She has already painted her own hubcap.

I am looking forward to collaging my metal canvas, although I have NO IDEA what I'm going to do!

4 comments:

  1. Fascinating idea is using hubcaps as a canvas for expressing a round up of ideas. Hubcaps and Central Florida bring to mind the Daytona Race Track with the first years of racing being on sandy Daytona Beach. Is there an idea from this site on the shores of the Atlantic? Two great brothers, Steven and David, own successful 15 year old Hubcap City Central in Sanford. This fall I bought two used but like new tires for $50 and a used hubcap for $10! They would delight in knowing of this project. You can find them at 2210 S. Highway 17-92! For many years their grandmother was a friend. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your hubcap. This sounds like a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dreaming about my hubcap. I'm wanting to incorporate the metal finish somehow, letting some of the cap show through. So far nothing has solidified for me, I'll do some sketches and some more dreaming. That space between asleep and awake sometimes gives me wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh can't wait to see your creations.!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)