Monday, November 22, 2010

Florida Museum for Women Artists

Martha's amazing work with wood "City of Angels"
Princess and The Pea...
5,000 Sq. Ft. of amazing exhibit space
My girls!
Abbe comes out from behind the camera

I visited the FMWA over the weekend, attending their opening of the first annual juried show. They had 1200 pieces of art submitted for this show and they narrowed it down to just 40. Kudos to all who were accepted!

Martha Lent works with wood and power tools, I have three of her pieces in my own art collection. I was proud to see her work City of Angels featured so prominently and well lit.

My favorite piece was a clay sculpture by Barbara Balzer of Tallahassee called "Princess and the Pea, Sometimes Power Knows Sensitivity" simply amazing, the colors, the concept, bravo!

The best part about the evening was running into Martha & Larry and my photographer friend Abbe Eshack Arenson as well as spending time with my artsy mother-in-law, Pam and Talie for a girls night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)