Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Day Job

A few months ago, an artist who took my workshop in Jacksonville called me and asked me if I could do a logo for her barber shop. Yes, this is the very person who traded me the portraits of my kids in exchange for my graphic design services!

Today, Jami Childers sent me this photo of her logo and window graphics that I designed, in place. As a graphic designer, I do get to see my work in this type of application. I actually designed the RDV Sportsplex logo that adorns their building here in Orlando. But there is something very satisfying about helping out a fellow artist, and small business owner. Jami told me she had been in this storefront for six years and never had any window graphics! I think she just might get some walk-in traffic to her Barber Shop and Art Studio.

If you ever need a portrait, as a gift or for yourself, please look her up and tell her Elizabeth sent you! And if you need any graphic design services, I'm here all day.

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I'm sure Jamie will get some walk-ins based on the design alone.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)