Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Generosity of Others

Once again, I have to talk about the generosity of others, something that never ceases to amaze me! At my gallery talk over the weekend, Kristy Worden introduced herself to me and told me she had come over from St. Petersburg (over an hour drive) to hear me speak about my work. Kristy found my blog through another artist friend we have in common, Julie King. 

At the end of the talk, Kristy GAVE me an album of postage stamps that she had collected with her Dad when she was a kid. She heard me tell my story about my Australian postage stamps going all the way back to 1970 and she told me that she had stamps in her book way older than that! I could not believe that Kristy wanted to part with this album, but I am very grateful.

Thank you for your generosity Kristy, and know that the stamps you collected with your dad will live on forever in my collage work. I will think of you when I apply them and I will be sure they shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)