Wednesday, August 11, 2010

100% Pure Florida Exhibition

Once I Had A Crazy Dream / 24x33/ ©St.Hilaire Nelson

I am happy to announce that I have been accepted into the Fifth Avenue Art Gallery's 100% Pure Florida exhibition again this year. Three years ago, one of my collages won Best of Show there. That's a tough act to follow, right?

I am feeling pretty good about having been selected, as there were 240+ pieces submitted for consideration from 100% Florida artists, and mine was chosen to be among the 64 pieces of artwork that will be included in the exhibit.

This piece was one of six finalists in the 2008 Sport Art Competition for the U.S. Olympic Committee. The kid looking through the Olympic rings is my daughter, Emilie. My husband took a fantastic reference photo with his underwater camera housing!

The quote is by Wilma Rudolph, an absolutely amazing athlete who overcame incredible odds.

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! And congratulations on getting in the show again - what a day-brightener!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done to you and best of luck this time too..i love your work its super unique and beautiful..i am enjoying watching your DVD but have been to scared to try your process yet lol hugs jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Your work is wonderful. I also have your DVD and have tried implementing your techniques with a twist and if I ever have one worthy to show, I will send you a picture!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)