Sunday, September 5, 2010

Register Early for Discounted Tuition



Amelia Island Fall Artists Workshop
I have been invited back to Amelia Island to teach again this year! October 8-10. This workshop is wonderful because it is a three-day class which includes hand painting collage paper techniques all day Friday. The success of any Paper Painting is really in the papers you have to work with.

We will be using fluid acrylics to do hand-tinting and staining art store papers, personal memorabilia, maps and old book pages, along with rice paper and anything else that stirs your creativity. I like to use postage stamps and sheet music, you may have other things you want to put in the mix as well.

Homework for you before you attend the workshop is to do two under-paintings. The first is for the apple exercise which you will use a photo reference (bring this!) to paint a simple, large apple on a 12x12 thin plywood board or American Easel Wood Painting Panel primed with either Liquitex Clear Gesso (tooth) or Golden GAC-100 (no tooth). The second panel should be about 16x20 and can be any image of your choice for your main collage project.

The workshop will be held at the Amelia Hotel at the Beach, they can be reached at 904-261-5735. Tell them that you are with the workshop and / or ask for Elizabeth, she is the contact person for a room rate discount of $89/night.

Don't miss this comprehensive workshop in such a quaint location! You might like to bring family members and make a mini vacation of it.

Register HERE
if you register before September 8, you will receive a $25 discount!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth.. I'm very excited as I have just signed up for your class at Amelia Island. Nervous... but excited! I'm sure it will be FUN!
    I would like to know what I need to bring to class as I will be flying in from out of state and there are limited supplies available to me here. I will need to plan ahead in order to have all the materials I need. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! so happy to have you in the class. if you email me (ejnelson@mac.com) I can send you a supply list. Where are you coming from? And don't be scared! we will have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)