Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Start to Finish Part Two


The Underpainting
Here is the panel as it stands now with the underpainting for the collage. As you can see, my painting is more of a color study and a map to show me where I am going with the paper. Often times I will allow some of the underpainting to show through, or I may cover it completely. As I write this I am thinking to myself that if I go with blues in this piece as I intended to, it might be nice to have some orange underpainting and let it show through, particularly in the background areas. This painting was done with acrylic paints and white gesso.

This is where we stand on day two, I will evaluate the underpainting again and post another photo if I decide to change it before I start in with the paper application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)