Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Start to Finish Part Three



Painting with Paper

The paper is now being added on top of the underpainting. Layering, weaving, pushing and pulling the colors, patterns and values. It's like a dance, applying the paper. You go back and forth over the top, underneath, until the rhythm creates something you love, and you leave it like that and move on to the next area. I am working the lights and the shadows at the same time. I have taken many art classes that suggest working from dark to light...but they were in a different medium than collage.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like the step by step photos you offer. The visuals help me to appreciate the breadth and depth of the creative process you direct in order to achieve such beautiful works! I have always thought your talent to be amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)